There is a new collection of DVDs heading to the store and they showcase some of the greats of Disney Animation.
The Disney Animation Collection is scheduled to be released next month. The first titles will be:
- Mickey and the Beanstalk – Embark on magical adventures in this DISNEY ANIMATION COLLECTION DVD, part of an exciting series of classic Disney short films! Your favorite Disney characters star in “Mickey And The Beanstalk,” the imaginative telling of a beloved storybook tale! Based on the timeless adventures of “Jack and the Beanstalk,” Mickey, Donald and Goofy climb a fantastic beanstalk up into the sky to a place where everything is huge — the food, the castle and the fearsome giant named Willy who guards a beautiful golden harp! Will Mickey and his friends outwit the giant and make it safely back home?
- The Three Little Pigs – Experience a unique telling of one of your favorite storybook tales in this DISNEY ANIMATION COLLECTION DVD, part of an adventure-filled series of classic Disney short films! Who’s afraid of the big bad wolf? “Not I!” answer the first two brothers as they build their new homes — one made of hay and the other of sticks. But when the wolf huffs and puffs and blows down their houses, the brothers seek protection in the third pig’s house, very wisely made of bricks. Will the three little pigs finally be safe, once and for all?
- The Prince and the Pauper – The legendary tale of “The Prince And The Pauper” gets a magical Disney makeover in tis adventure-filled DISNEY ANIMATION COLLECTION DVD, part of a series of beloved classic short films! In a faraway kingdom, two boys who look exactly alike meet by chance and decide to switch places: a pauper named Mickey, who dreams about a life of luxury, and the Crown Prince, who wishes he could be as free as his subjects. Each boy faces extraordinary challenges in his new role, and together they must figure out how to save the kingdom from an evil Captain who wants the throne for himself!
- The Tortoise and the Hare – Join the excitement as unlikely competitors Max Hare and Toby Tortoise challenge each other to a foot race. Max is so confident he will win, he takes time out to flirt with some cute bunnies, show off his skills in other sports and break for a nap. But when he hears the crowd roar for Toby, who has slowly and steadily kept to the course, Max must make a last minute dash for victory. Will hte ever persistent Toby beat him across the finish line?
- The Wind in the Willows – Join the adventures along the riverbanks as one of the most enchanting storybooks of all time comes to life with classic Disney animation. Mr. J. Thaddeus Toad has got himself into a bit of trouble from buying fancy new cars and dealing with some weasely weasels. Now his beloved home, Toad Manor is at risk of being lost. It will take the help of his dear friends Ratty, Moley, and Angus MacBadger and a promise to change his ways for Mr. Toad to set things right.
- The Reluctant Dragon – This lighthearted story follows the adventures of a brave young boy who, emboldened by tales of brave knights, decides to pursue the horrible dragon that is terrifying the villagers. But what he discovers is a surprisingly friendly dragon that is more interested in reciting poetry and making music than devouring fair damsels. With the boy be able to stop the local hero before he challenges the draagon to a fiery battle?
Wrapping it up
These are some of the most memorable and beloved shorts that ever came from the Walt Disney Studios. From Mickey and the Beanstalk, which was almost Mickey’s last screen role, to the more modern retelling of the Prince and the Pauper, these are a wonderful addition to your Disney video library.
I am pretty sure I have everyone of these on VHS and a couple of DVD, but will probably acquire this collection to round out the home library.