Walked out to the car this morning and noticed a package on the front stoop which turned out to be the Summer issue of twenty-three. Everyone’s favorite duck is the cover story for this quarter’s issue and there is even a nice little surprise inside.
What’s the surprise?
Opening the packaging of the magazine, you first encounter a nice envelope with an image of Donald Duck. Inside the envelope is a faithful reproduction of the 1955 Acres of Fun souvenir originally available at Disneyland. It is a beautiful paper fan featuring original artworks of the attractions that were open during Disneyland’s inaugural year.
The Summer issue of twenty-three has some great features for us:
- Monsters Take Tokyo – information on the new attraction at Tokyo Disneyland
- For the Love of Art – all about Disneyland’s Disney Gallery
- Rapunzel – an inside look with Walt Disney Animation Studios
- Jerry Bruckheimer – article about Jerry Bruckheimer and a glimpse at his movies
- Richard and Robert Sherman – new documentary explores their complicated personal lives
- California Dreamin’ – more infomation from the Imagineers on plans for the future
- Donald Duck – celebrating his 75 birthday
- and more
Wrapping it up
I have had some issues with the whole D23 membership, from damaged products and poor fulfillment processes to inadequate stock of materials for charter members, but I do enjoy the articles in these magazines. I am hopeful that the D23 crew is planning even greater benefits for those of us who have joined the club and items like the Acres of Fun are a step in the right direction.