Disney.com and Walmart have created a unique online promotion tied to Disney’s U Rock 2, a user generated content event that invites fans to create their own music videos set to songs from popular Disney artists and post their original videos on Disney.com.
Targeted to tweens, teens and moms, “Rock Out Your Zone” (www.disney.com/rockout) is an integrated promotion created by Disney.com that brings together the music of U Rock 2 with Walmart’s popular new teen home furnishings line, “Your Zone.”
Interactive features on the “Rock Out Your Zone” microsite include:
- “Your Zone Memory Challenge” online game that offers players a free download of Hannah Montana song “Ice Cream Freeze”
- “Find Your Look” interactive quiz that offers a series of questions to ultimately determine personal style
- A guide for parents to get clued-in on the latest teen and tween trends hosted by Disney Family.com
- A link to the 3-D tour of Walmart’s “Your Zone” product line at Walmart.com/yourzone
The Disney Media Sales and Marketing team worked with Walmart on the U Rock 2 sponsorship to create a comprehensive multi-platform promotion that, in addition to the exclusive online offerings, includes television spots on Disney XD and print ads in Disney FamilyFun magazine. All media will drive traffic to the Disney.com/rockout microsite.
U Rock 2 is our marquee summer event on Disney.com, and we’re thrilled to have Walmart on board as the key sponsor. ’Your Zone’ is a great fit for the U Rock audience
Paul Yanover, executive vice president and managing director, Disney Online
The Your Zone line includes bedding, décor, and furnishings designed to be expressive and energetic, inspiring tweens and teens to create a space that expresses their evolving personality. As the latest addition to Walmart’s growing Home proprietary brand portfolio, Your Zone offers fun and comfy products that tweens and teens love at unbeatable prices.
Rock Out Your Zone’ is a great example of how we can uniquely leverage the broad reach of the Disney brand across multiple platforms, particularly in reaching tweens and moms.
Tricia Wilber, executive vice president, Disney Media Sales and Marketing
U Rock 2 invites fans to create their own music videos set to songs from popular Disney artists and upload their original videos on Disney.com (www.Disney.com/urock). The most popular U Rock video finalists, voted on by fans, will win the ultimate rock star experience including a trip to Los Angeles, an in-studio “take over” at Radio Disney, a visit to the set of a Disney Channel show, and more.
The song selections that can be downloaded from the U Rock 2 site are:
- “One And The Same” by Demi Lovato and Selena Gomez from the Disney Channel Playlist CD, with exclusive music video available on the Princess Protection Program DVD
- “Paranoid“ by Jonas Brothers from their upcoming album “Lines, Vines and Trying Times”
- “Hey” by Mitchel Musso from his self-titled album “Mitchel Musso”
- “Ready to Rock” by Steve Rushton featured in the upcoming Walt Disney Pictures’ film “G-Force”
This is the second annual U Rock event on Disney.com. In 2008, thousands of fan videos were uploaded and millions of fans rated and commented on their favorite videos. New this year, fans will be able to watch and vote for their favorite videos via mobile phone by texting UROCK to DISNEY (347639).*
Fans can upload videos on Disney.com now through July 12, 2009. Finalists in each of the U Rock 2 categories will be announced on July 17, 2009 and fans can then vote for their top video picks through July 31, 2009. U Rock 2 on Disney.com is presented in partnership with Hollywood Records, Walt Disney Records, Radio Disney, Walt Disney Pictures and Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment.
*Standard carrier fees apply. If you’re under 18, get your parents’ permission first.