One of our favorite things to enjoy on special occasions is a nice glass of champagne. so you can imagine how excited we were to find Pink inside the District on the Disney Dream.
Taking its whimsical name from the unfortunate circumstances our little elephant friend, Dumbo, found himself in when he partook a bit too much of the bubbly, this is one of my favorite adult spots on the Disney Dream.
The decor is slick and retro-modern in its design; just think of Woody Allen’s famous movie Sleeper and you will understand. The area itself is not very large and crowds up very quickly right before and after the dinner seatings. Other than that, however, it is a comfortable space to sit, relax and have a nice glass of bubbly.
There are two entrances into Pink, the main entrance is next to the giant champagne bubble off the entrance to the District, while the other lets you out towards the rear of the district as well as the ultra-cool sitting area just outside on the deck of the ship.
One of the first things you notice when entering Pink is the amazing light fixture behind the bar. It is another example of the fine Murano glass that seems to run rampant throughout this ship. I have always been a fan of this style so I certainly enjoy the look, but if this is not your thing it can get old real fast as a design element.
The real reason, however, to head to Pink is to enjoy a nice glass of bubbly. Now, they offer more, but the real attraction is their signature Taittinger Prestige Rosé created just for the Disney Dream.
Served up in a specially design glass, it is a nice champagne with light bubbles and a refreshing taste. It is a bit sweeter than I like in my champagne, although nothing like a Prosecco, it is a nice treat but not something I would want on a regular basis.
The full menu for Pink is:
- Pinot Grigio Casa Grande Dell (venezia, italy) $5.75
- St. Francis Chardonnay (sonoma county, ca, usa) $8.00
- Captain’s Choice Chardonnay (santa barbara, ca, usa) $8.25
- Ferrari-Carano Fume Blanc (sonoma county, ca, usa) $9.80
- ZD Chardonnay (napa valley, ca, usa) $12.50
- Cloudy Bay (marlborough, nz) $15.50
- Far Niente Chardonnay (napa valley, ca usa) $18.50
- Robert Mondavi Merlot Private Selection (california, usa) $7.25
- Bogle Vineyards Pinot Noir (california, usa) $7.50
- Kendal Jackson Cabernet Sauvignon Vintner’s Reserve (california, usa) $8.00
- Captain’s Choice Cabernet Sauvignon (california, usa) $8.25
- Chappellet Cabernet Sauvignon Mountain Cuvee (napa valley, california, usa) $11.75
- Amarone Della Valpolicella (sartori veneto, italy) $14.00
- Lasseter Bordeaux Bled (sonoma county, california, usa) $18.00 (yes, it’s that Lasseter. Disney • Pixar’s very own John Lasseter has been making wines under this name since 1992 you can find more information at their website)
Additional Wines Available by the Bottle
- Leacock’s Bual 10 Year Madeira $6.75
- Quinta Do Noval 10 Year Tawny Port $6.75
- Quinta Do Noval 20 Year Tawny Port $15.20
- Johnnie Walker Black $8.25
- Johnnie Walker Blue $35.00
- Glenfiddich $7.25
- Macallan Select Oak $7.25
- Macallan Whisky Maker’s Edition $10.50
- Macallan Estate Reserve $59.00
- Rémy Martin VSOP $7.25
- Courvoisier VSOP $7.25
- Rémy Martin XO $9.75
- Courvoisier XO $9.75
- Hennessy Paradise $42.00
- Rémy Martin Louis XIII
- 1 oz $105.00
- 1.5 oz $165.00
- 2 oz $200.00
Champagne Cocktails $10.50
Tropicale | mango purée, maraschino liquer, champagne
The Legend | cognac, white sugar, angostura aromatic bitters, champagne
Absolutely Fabulous | raspberry purée, benedictine, champagne
Royal Bellini | raspberry purée, champagne
Blue Angel | grey goose vodka, cointreau, blue curacao liquer, freshly squeezed lime juice, champagne
Elderbubble | raspberry vodka, elderflower syrup, champagne
Pomegranate Passion | pomegranate passion liquer, passion fruit sorbet, champagne
served with verrine (cleanses the palette)
- Tattinger Prestige Rosé (reims, france) $19.00 | $91.00
- Pommery Rosé (reims, france) $16.50 | $77.00
- Moët et Chandon Imperial (epernay, france) $15.50 | $75.00
Sparkling • Champagne
- Enchanted Rosé Abbazia (piedmont, italy) $5.75
- Iron Horse Fairy Tale Celebration Cuvée (sonoma, california, usa) $11.00 | $54.00
- Crément d’Alsace Blanc de Blancs (france) $11.50 | $49.00
- Taitinger La Française (reims, france) $14.50 | $69.00
- Moët et Chandon Imperial (epernay, france) $18.00 | $79.00
- Taittinger Prélude Grand Crus (reims, france) $25.00 | $117.00
- Perrier-Jouét la Belle Époque (epernay, france) NA | $159.00
- Moët et Chandon Cuvee Dom Pérignon (epernay, france) NA | $225.00
- Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame (reims, france) NA | $326.00
- Louis Roderer Cristal (reims, france) NA | $399.00
- Armand de Brignac Gold (reims, france) NA | $499.00
Wrapping It Up
If you are heading out on the Disney Dream and you like a bit of the bubbly, than Pink is the place you want to try out. The selection is a nice variety and the ambience of the room is decidedly funky. I wish we had more time to relax in Pink, but our Inaugural Sailing was a quick one; I look forward to heading back to the ship someday and sampling some of the other items at Pink.
Disclosure: I was an invited guest on this media tour of the Disney Dream. As a guest, the Walt Disney Co. paid for my fare on the ship so that I could experience the Disney Dream first hand. The Walt Disney Co. provided food and lodging during my trip to the park and aboard the Disney Dream as well as bus transfers to and from the port. I am under no obligations to the Walt Disney Co. from this media cruise and write about the experiences so our guests on etckt.com can learn more about the many destination vacation opportunities available from Disney’s Parks and Resorts.