An array of wet and wonderful new surprises help guests cool off as they enjoy soaking up the sun aboard the Disney Fantasy, Disney Cruise Line’s newest ship scheduled to set sail in March 2012.
AquaLab Debuts on the Disney Fantasy
On the Disney Fantasy, guests can splash and play in the AquaLab – a brand-new water play area on deck 12, near the entrance to the AquaDuck water coaster. Families can frolic among pop jets, geysers and bubblers in this fun and fanciful 1,800-square-foot space. As the story goes, AquaLab was created by Donald Duck’s nephews, Huey, Dewey and Louie, and features a variety of water “experiments” designed to drench the whole family.
Children entering the AquaLab will see that the nephews are away for the time being, leaving the young cruise guests in charge of the AquaLab. Through hand-painted notes left by the nephews, kids are put in charge of the AquaDuck water coaster. By turning wheels and moving levers at three wacky aqua stations kids “control” the speed and temperature of AquaDuck.
At a leaky wall, the water fun is all hands on deck as kids try to keep the water circulating by covering holes in squirting and spurting pipes with their hands. In another area, kids scramble to stop leaky pipes from filling Uncle Donald’s row boat with water. Water leaks and sprays from the Ducky Dinghy, suspended overhead, and as the boat fills a fish pops his head out of a bucket while everyone gets delightfully drenched.
In addition to AquaLab, the Disney Fantasy features another new area for guests of all ages to cool off. On deck 12 forward, a wading pool with a fountain water feature, ample seating and lounge chairs under canopy offer a respite in the shade.
Exclusively for Adults
In addition to Quiet Cove Pool and Cove Bar on the Disney Fantasy, a new adult-exclusive area offers a retreat on the upper decks for guests 18 and older.
At Satellite Sun Deck on deck 13 forward a brand-new water feature called Satellite Falls is a circular splash pool with benches and a gently falling rain curtain that provides cool comfort. Around this upper deck, adult guests can soak up the sun in loungers or relax in the shade under a canopy.
More Fun on Deck
Like her sister ship the Disney Dream, the Disney Fantasy offers many options for sun and fun on deck with a shipboard water coaster, fresh water swimming pools, a whimsical water play area for little ones, a relaxing poolside oasis for adults and an interactive sports deck:
- The world’s only shipboard water coaster – AquaDuck – sweeps guests away on an exhilarating flume ride featuring twists, turns, drops, uphill acceleration and river rapids – all while traversing the upper decks of the ship.
- Donald’s Pool is a place where families gather to enjoy all of the activities up on deck. Overlooking Donald’s Pool, the giant Funnel Vision LED screen – more than 30 feet wide and 18 feet high – shows Disney films, television shows and live broadcast events.
- Mickey’s Pool for children continues a Disney Cruise Line favorite feature. An oversized version of Mickey’s hand supports a yellow winding slide that splashes down near the pool.
- Children discover oceans of fun at Nemo’s Reef, a water-play area featuring colorful, interactive figures that move and spray water, including Nemo, Dory, Marlin and a pint-sized water slide shaped like Mr. Ray.
- Quiet Cove Pool and Cove Bar is a retreat exclusively for adults to sunbathe and swim, indulge in a cool drink or enjoy a relaxing dip in a nearby hot tub overlooking the ocean.
- The fun tees off with Goofy’s Golf – a nine-hole miniature golf course where “lessons” featuring Goofy and his son, Max, lead guests through nine themed holes of wacky fun.
- Goofy’s Sports Deck features full-court basketball, table tennis and foosball tables.
- Two digital sports simulators offer virtual game experiences where guests participate in high-action sports such as golf, hockey, soccer, basketball, rugby, baseball and football.
To learn more about Disney Cruise Line or to book a vacation, guests can visit http://www.disneycruise.com, call Disney Cruise Line at 888-325-2500 or contact their travel agent.