After hearing about this late last year, the Disney Infinity: Toy Box 2.0 is now available for the iOS through Apple’s App Store. Fans of the console version can now play the game on their select iOS devices (requires iOS 7.0 or later and is compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, but is optimized for iPhone 5).
Some of the features within the app are:
- Try 3 Characters for Free – They rotate often, so check back to explore new characters and play styles.
- Build Toy Boxes Faster – New tools make it easier to create and customize your own worlds and games.
- Customize Your INteriors – Take it inside and theme rooms with Marvel & Disney characters.
- Play With Friends – Connect online to play and build Toy Boxes together!
You can also access your toy boxes from anywhere by logging into your Disney Account in both the TOY BOX and TOY BOX 2 apps to unlock and carry forward your previous TOY BOX characters. You can also use web code cards from your physical Disney Infinity Figures to unlock characters in the iOS game.
Although this game is Full Metal optimized and brings the graphics and game-play performance to near-console quality on Metal compatible iOS8 devices, there are also some caveats:
- This game requires 4.4GB of disc space
- This game recommends iPhone 5 and above or iPad 2 and above.
Also, although the game is free to download, there are in-app purchases up to $60, so make sure you are aware of that before unleashing the game on your younger family members.