ESPN has recently updated their iOS app, renaming it to simply, ESPN. The app addresses one of the shortcomings of its previous version and provides a layout to capitalize on the larger space of the iPad.
- The app provides up-to-the-minute scoring for your favorite teams and offers greater customization with an ESPN account. Some of the particulars about the app are:
- Fast access scores and highlights from MLB, NFL, College Football, NBA, College Basketball, MLS, Cricket and more.
- Watch video highlights of your favorite games and easily share on Facebook, Twitter, Email and SMS.
- Check out the “NOW” views for real-time updates and commentary. NOW combines up-to-the-minute ESPN updates on any sport or team with the freshest photos, videos and social media content from around the sports universe.
- Not near a TV? Watch any event on any ESPN channel simply by tapping on the On-Air tab.
- Stream live ESPN Radio for free — just tap on the On-Air tab and hit “Play”.
The latest update has put a lot more thought into the user experience, especially with the consideration of tablet proportions for the layout. While some of the latest enhancements for this release are:
- NEW: Support for iPad! The app takes advantage of the iPad’s gorgeous screen to show you scores and news at the same time. Your favorite teams follow you throughout the app. Simply tap the team icons in the lower right for quick access.
- NEW: The ESPN App now looks beautiful on your iPhone 6 & 6+.
- We pulled a Puff Daddy and changed the name. Say hello to the ESPN App.
- Introducing ESPN Now. Swipe right from the news section to access up to-the-minute ESPN photos, videos and social media content.
- Cricket World Cup support, including video clips and scores.
- Like Lebron, we took some time off in Miami to speed things up and fix nagging bugs.
So, if you are a fan of ESPN now would be a good time to upgrade or check out their latest app at the iTunes App Store.