A dynamic 24-hour party will kick off the summer and launch the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration, May 22-23, as guests enjoy the thrilling premieres of three, new nighttime spectaculars: the glittering “Paint the Night” parade and the groundbreaking “Disneyland Forever” fireworks show at Disneyland Park, plus the new presentation, “World of Color – Celebrate! The Wonderful World of Walt Disney,” at Disney California Adventure Park.
The all-day/all-night celebration will begin at 6 a.m. Friday, May 22, and will conclude 24 hours* later at 6 a.m. Saturday, May 23, 2015 local time. The revelry will include dancing and special character encounters at locations in Disneyland and Disney California Adventure parks, along with enchanting Diamond décor throughout the resort and the exciting shows and attractions that bring guests back year after year. The Disneyland Resort invites guests of all ages to kick off the summer travel season in Southern California, celebrating 60 years of magic at a resort that remains forever young.
- “Paint the Night” Parade – After dark along the Disneyland parade route, 24-hour guests will be among the first to see the “Paint the Night” parade, showcasing beloved Disney characters in dazzling parade scenes illuminated with more than 1.5 million individually controlled lights – the first all-LED parade in Disneyland Resort history. The luminescent parade introduces a new era of magical entertainment, as Mickey Mouse uses his imagination to harness the power of Tinker Bell’s pixie dust to “Paint the Night” in dazzling Disney dreams. Those dreams include special appearances by Mickey’s pals and beloved characters from tales such as “Monsters, Inc.,” “Cars,” “The Little Mermaid,” “Beauty and the Beast,” “Toy Story” and “Frozen.” The parade features some of the most spectacular floats, unforgettable music and special effects ever presented at the Disneyland Resort, along with energetic performers who add to the brilliance with colorful costumes that light up, too.
- “Disneyland Forever” Fireworks Show – Disneyland Park itself plays a starring role in the “Disneyland Forever” fireworks spectacular, also premiering during the 24-hour event. Breathtaking fireworks shows have long been a Disneyland Resort tradition and “Disneyland Forever” soars to new levels, immersing guests from the tips of their toes to the brilliant pyrotechnic bursts above, thanks to special effects that turn the storefronts of Main Street, U.S.A., the Matterhorn mountain, the “Fantasmic!” water screens and the façade of “it’s a small world” into gigantic projections screens filled with color, characters and surprises. “Disneyland Forever” transports guests into the worlds of beloved Disney and DisneyPixar films, including a dance with King Louie from the “The Jungle Book” and a flight over London with characters from “Peter Pan.” Two original songs also energize the show: the theme “Live the Magic,” and the inspiring closing song “Kiss Goodnight,” written by Disney Legend Richard M. Sherman. “Disneyland Forever” will be visible from Main Street, U.S.A., and several Disneyland locations.
At Disney California Adventure
- “World of Color – Celebrate! The Wonderful World of Walt Disney” – Award-winning actor Neil Patrick Harris and Mickey Mouse will appear in film sequences and animated imagery of the all-new “World of Color” show, premiering May 22 during the 24-hour party. “World of Color – Celebrate!” illuminates the night in a fun-filled and inspirational journey exploring Walt Disney’s decades-long legacy of memorable animated moments and his dream of Disneyland park. It culminates in a madcap musical tour of Disneyland Resort attractions as you’ve never seen them before. Both epic and intimate in scope, “World of Color – Celebrate!” comes to life with animation, live-action film, fountains, lasers, special effects and a stirring musical score, all on the magical water canvas of “World of Color.”
Just the Beginning
The 24-hour party is just the beginning of the summer fun at Disney Parks on both coasts.
At Disneyland, in addition to the spectacular nighttime parade and fireworks, guest will enjoy the daytime “Mickey’s Soundsational Parade” and the classic after-dark “Fantasmic!” show on the Rivers of America in Frontierland and New Orleans Square. Glistening diamond-themed décor adds extra sparkle to Sleeping Beauty Castle, while Anna and Elsa from the hit Disney animated feature “Frozen” appear in a playfully comic retelling of their story on the Fantasy Faire stage. Disneyland also features more than 60 rides and attractions, including Space Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean and “it’s a small world,” to delight guests of all ages.
At Disney California Adventure, the new “World of Color – Celebrate!” show continues nightly throughout the summer along with the new “Mad T Party Diamond Celebration,” plus “Pixar Play Parade,” “Disney’s Aladdin – A Musical Spectacular” and all the favorite attractions throughout the park, including Radiator Springs Racers in Cars Land, the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™** in Hollywood Land and the California Screamin’ roller coaster in Paradise Pier. The “Frozen” fun is extended at Anna & Elsa’s Royal Welcome, where guests have a chance to meet the sisters, who also make appearances in the “For the First Time in Forever” sing-along.
The “Diamond Celebration” stretches outside the gates of the theme parks, adding sparkle throughout the Downtown Disney District and the Disneyland Resort hotels. Creative Diamond Celebration merchandise and food items will complement the celebration, while surrounding streets in the Anaheim Resort Area will glisten with Diamond Celebration décor and festive banners in shades of Disneyland blue. Additional information about the Diamond Celebration will be shared in coming months at www.Disneyland.com/60 and www.DisneyParksBlog.com.
‘Coolest Summer Ever’ at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida
Walt Disney World Resort in Florida will have its own 24-hour* event at the Magic Kingdom, May 22-23, as it inaugurates the “Coolest Summer Ever,” hosted by Olaf, the summer-loving snowman from “Frozen.” Throughout the summer, guests will find cool thrills across Walt Disney World Resort, including cool attractions in all four theme parks, cool characters, cool water parks, plus Frozen Summer Fun at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
* Hours of operation: 6 a.m. on 5/22/15 to 6 a.m. on 5/23/15 local time, subject to capacity restrictions. Only select attractions, entertainment and services will be available. Valid theme park admission required. Subject to restrictions and change without notice.
** The Twilight Zone® is a registered trademark of CBS, Inc., and is used with permission pursuant to a license from CBS, Inc. ©Disney/CBS, Inc
– See more at: http://disneylandnews.com/2015/03/11/diamond-celebration-will-light-up-the-disneyland-resort-beginning-with-dazzling-24-hour-event-may-22-23/#sthash.2GE0OvOC.dpuf