What do a ballet teacher from Alabama, a lawyer from North Carolina and a NASA rocket scientist from Maryland all have in common? An affinity for all-things Walt Disney World Resort! Announced today, 21 new panelists from the United States and Canada, hailing from different backgrounds, are named official members of the 2010 Walt Disney World Moms Panel. Additionally, due to the popularity of the site and an ever-growing number of questions, Disney welcomes back 22 panelists from 2008 and 2009 – totaling 43 members for 2010 to serve as online Disney-savvy vacation gurus, providing helpful tips to guests planning a Walt Disney World vacation.
The Walt Disney World Moms Panel is an online question-and-answer venue that serves as a free resource for families looking for a touch of pixie dust to add to their Disney vacation. The panel is led by everyday parents who have mastered the art of planning a vacation for their own families and are excited to share their pearls of wisdom with others. Through a comprehensive application process, the new panelists proved that they have the knowledge and desire to answer any and all questions that come their way.
Whether organizing multigenerational gatherings and large family reunions or navigating the parks with special needs children and adults, the panelists are accessible online with an abundance of their own Disney vacation experiences, memories and tips for making every moment magical. Additionally, the Moms Panel will include panelists who are skilled in Disney Cruise Line and Adventures by Disney vacations.
Each panelist brings a unique perspective to the vacation planning process, providing personal answers to questions which remain online as a reference for future site visitors.
This is the largest group of panelists we’ve ever had. Because interest in the Web site has grown so quickly, and we had so many highly qualified applicants, we started out searching for 10 knowledgeable parents, and eventually selected 21. Now we’ll be able to share even more Disney park secrets and travel tips with families visiting the Moms Panel site.
Meg Crofton, president of Walt Disney World Resort
The Moms Panel was created to answer the demand made by families going online to research vacation planning options. After only its second year, the panel touts nearly 45,000 original questions answered to-date.
Get to Know the New 2010 Walt Disney World Moms Panelists:
- Amanda Allen; Raleigh, N.C.
- Suzannah DiMarzio; Wesley Chapel, Fla.
- Dorothy Drakos; Dundas, ON
- Bernie Edwards; Columbia, Md.
- Kathie Flood; Greer, S.C.
- Portia Gadson; Cleveland, Ohio
- Chris Gildea; Boston, Mass.
- Diane Gonzales; San Antonio, Texas
- Kaylene Jablecki; Cape Cod, Mass.
- Joel Kennedy; Milwaukee, Wis.
- Jonas Lehmann-Karp; Hastings-on-Hudson, N.Y.
- Marc Lorenzo; Corning, N.Y.
- Maria Marquez; Doral, Fla.
- Terry McKinney; Charleston, S.C.
- Dannee Neal; Indianapolis, Ind.
- Amanda Pursch; Austin, Texas
- Amy Rueffert; Talking Rock, Ga.
- Andi Sims; Birmingham, Ala.
- Allison Valdes; Johns Creek, Ga.
- Amanda White; Atlanta, Ga.
- Maribel Zambrana-Garcia; San Juan, PR
Visit www.disneyworldmoms.com to catch-up on our returning alumni panelists:
- Kara Bacon; Omaha, Neb.
- Kay Belin; Valparaiso, Ind.
- Bret Caldwell; Evanston, Ill.
- Diane Campagna; Bristol, R.I.
- Beth Choisez; Floral Park, N.Y.
- Margaret Fries; Oak Lawn, Ill.
- Jodi Grundig; Natick, Mass.
- Doug Ingersoll; Carmel, Ind.
- Diane Luba; Plymouth, Conn.
- Darcie Maranich; Vail, Ariz.
- Tanya McNally; Basking Ridge, N.J.
- Michelle May; Lebanon, N.J.
- Joanne McCabe; Ottawa, ON
- Heather Murry; Social Circle, Ga.
- Brigitta Noer; Nanoose Bay, BC
- Whitney Pickering; Laurel, Miss.
- Karen Prince; Plymouth, N.H.
- Heather Roberts-Nault; Louisville, Ky.
- Cathy Schikowski; Richfield, Ohio
- Anna Skamarakas; Bellmawr, N.J.
- Jennifer Wilkes; Acworth, Ga.
- Erin Foster; Scarsdale, N.Y.