Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party – On 19 special nights, holiday revelers can delight during this cheery, family-friendly event. Party-goers embrace the joys of the season – sipping cocoa, catching a “snowflake” and enjoying merry shows, fireworks, carolers and special character meet and greets.
This after-hours party on select nights between Nov. 8 and Dec. 18, 2011, features a sleigh full of merriment:
- An enchanting Cinderella Castle adorned with Castle Dream Lights (through Jan.8)
- Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade, complete with a special appearance by Santa Claus himself, and for the first time Duffy the Disney Bear.
- An exclusive holiday fireworks extravaganza — Holiday Wishes: Celebrate the Spirit of the Season
- Live entertainment featuring Disney characters
- Meet and greet opportunities with favorite Disney characters in Holiday attire, including Phineas & Ferb in Tomorrowland, the Seven Dwarfs in Frontierland and Duffy the Disney Bear in Town Square.
- Complimentary cookies, apple slices and hot cocoa
- A magical snow fall on Main Street, U.S.A.
- Many popular Magic Kingdom attractions open for fun
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party will take place Nov. 8, 9, 11, 13, 15, 18, 27, 29, 30, Dec. 2, 4, 6, 7, 9, 11, 13, 14, 16 and 18, 2011, from 7 p.m. until midnight. Day-of-event pricing is $62.95 and $57.95 for ages 3 to 9. Savings of $6 per ticket are available if tickets are purchased in advance. Visit Disneyworld.com/holidays.
Castle Dream Lights – Each evening of the season, Cinderella Castle shimmers with lights brought to beaming brightness during a ceremonial show performed at dusk. Beginning Nov. 4 and continuing through Jan. 3, 2012, Cinderella and favorite Disney characters decked out in festive holiday garb take center stage and magically transform Cinderella Castle into an ice palace draped with 200,000 ice cycle-white lights – a breathtaking focal point to a park ready for revelers with wreaths, bows, garland, towering Christmas trees and scarlet poinsettias dominating the landscape.
The Magic, The Memories and You! – The nightly light show on Cinderella Castle gets in “the spirit” throughout the holidays with a special segment that wraps the Magic Kingdom landmark in colorful bows and boughs, gift paper and ribbons, ornaments, candy stripes and multi-colored strands of lights … and gingerbread.