Some of the most popular stars from Disney Channel, Disney XD and Radio Disney will be gathering at Walt Disney World Resort to help guests celebrate the “Coolest Summer Ever” with around-the-clock festivities, during a special event from 6 a.m. to 6 a.m. Friday, May 22 to Saturday, May 23.
A selection of popular attractions, extra entertainment, dance parties and special event merchandise is on tap all night long to celebrate the start of the “Coolest Summer Ever” at Walt Disney World Resort. Plus, guests are invited to come dressed in costume to show their Disney Side.
- “Frozen” faves Anna, Elsa, Olaf and Kristoff will welcome park guests at 6 a.m. to Magic Kingdom, following a spectacular opening show and ceremony.
- Festival of Fantasy parade will take place at noon and 3:00 p.m. featuring favorite Disney Channel and Disney XD stars as the Grand Marshals
- Main Street Electrical Parade at 11 p.m. and 1 a.m
- Move It! Shake it! Dance and Play It! Street Party will take place at 9:30 a.m. and 5:40 p.m.
- A DJ will spin tunes as Disney Channel hosts the “Club Chill” party zone in Tomorrowland from 4 p.m. to 11 p.m. Some of guests’ favorite Disney Channel and Disney XD stars might just stop by.
A live Magic Cam feed will allow fans from home to join in the celebration to catch glimpses of parades, shows and fireworks at select times during the event.
Plus, guests who have ever dreamed of riding Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain or Seven Dwarfs Mine Train in the wee hours now have their chance. Other around-the-clock surprises in store during the celebration include late-night dance parties hosted by characters donning pajamas in Frontierland and the Castle Hub, plus chalk artists, and tasty “Frozen” treats to keep guests cool as the magic continues through the night.
Just the Beginning
The All-Nighter is just the beginning of summertime fun. During the “Coolest Summer Ever,” with Olaf as the official host, Walt Disney World guests can get their cool on all summer long at four theme parks and two water parks.
- Frozen Fun – “Frozen” Summer Fun LIVE will bring together Princess Anna, Queen Elsa, Kristoff and Olaf with citizens of Arendelle, all appearing daily in shows and experiences at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, June 17-Sept. 7. Guests will find cool thrills this summer including a royal cavalcade, and immersive experiences such as a sing-along celebration, and rocking dance party, plus a nightly “Frozen” fireworks display above Hollywood Blvd.
- Cool Thrill Rides – Guests will find thrills from mild to wild to out of this world in all four Walt Disney World theme parks. The fun includes favorite such as Splash Mountain, Mission: SPACE, Test Track presented by Chevrolet, Expedition Everest and The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror.
- Star Wars Weekends – The event will feature Star Wars characters roaming Disney’s Hollywood Studios for meet-and-greet opportunities, star conversations with Star Wars celebrities, a Star Wars motorcade through the park, interactive activities, exclusive merchandise and more on weekends, May 15-June 14.
- New Restaurants and Shopping – Throughout the summer, new waterfront dining and boutique shops flow into the Downtown Disney shopping/dining/entertainment district as its transformation into Disney Springs continues.
- Epcot Entertainment – New entertainment acts will appear throughout Epcot World Showcase, including a fresh summery twist to a fan favorite, Voices of Liberty, featuring new performances at the American Gardens Theatre.
- A Splash at Disney’s Water Parks – Fans of the upcoming Disney Channel Original Movie “Teen Beach 2” can beat the heat and enjoy the “Teen Beach 2: Beach Party” at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon, featuring a DJ spinning retro tunes, beach-y themed games, hula hoop contests and more May 22 through July 5. And there’s cool fun in store for guests visiting Disney’s Blizzard Beach, with thrilling attractions such as Summit Plummet, one of the world’s tallest and fastest free-fall slides.
For more information, visit Disneyworld.com/CoolestSummerEver. On-site guests can tag their photos and videos with #Disney24.
On the west coast, Disneyland Resort will kick off the summer with a dynamic 24-hour event of its own, May 22-23, to launch the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration. The all-day/all-night revelry will include dancing and special character encounters, along with enchanting Diamond décor throughout the resort and the exciting shows and attractions that bring guests back year after year. The Disneyland Resort invites guests of all ages to kick off the summer travel season in Southern California, celebrating 60 years of magic at a resort that remains forever young.