Just before sunrise this morning at Walt Disney World Resort, Frozen faves Anna, Elsa, Kristoff and the lovable Olaf joined Magic Kingdom guests and beloved Disney Characters from Main Street, U.S.A. to kick off the “Coolest Summer Ever” 24-hour event. The around-the-clock party at Magic Kingdom, which goes from 6 a.m., May 22 to 6 a.m., May 23, 2015 marks the official start of summer.
The party gets even cooler with Disney Character encounters, dance parties, special entertainment, event merchandise, cool tasty treats and visits by Disney Channel and Disney XD stars throughout the 24 hours. Plus, starting today in conjunction with the 24-hour event and the “Coolest Summer Ever” guests can enter for a chance to win a Walt Disney World Resort package that includes a night’s stay in the Cinderella Castle Suite – the ultimate summer sleepover! To find out more, visit www.coolestdisneysummer.com.
Some highlights of the 24 hour bash:
- #INCREDIBLESSuperDanceParty at Rockettower Plaza Stage in Tomorrowland at 9:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.
- “Festival of Fantasy” parade at noon and 3 p.m. Favorite Disney Channel and Disney XD stars appear as honorary Grand Marshals at the 3 p.m. parade.
- Main Street Electrical Parade featuring a Frozen Fantasy pre-parade celebration at 11 p.m. and 1 a.m.
- Move It! Shake it! Dance and Play It! Street Party will take place at 9:30 a.m. and 5:40 p.m.
- Previews of upcoming Disney Channel films and music videos, plus a DJ will spin tunes as Disney Channel hosts the new “Club Chill” party zone in Tomorrowland from 4 p.m. to 11 p.m. with some of guests’ favorite Disney Channel and Disney XD stars
- “Frozen” movie screening at Rockettower Plaza Stage in Tomorrowland from midnight-5 a.m.
A live Magic Cam feed will allow fans from home to join in the celebration to catch glimpses of parades, shows and fireworks at select times during the event.
Plus, guests who have ever dreamed of riding Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain or Seven Dwarfs Mine Train in the wee hours now have their chance. Other around-the-clock surprises in store during the celebration include late-night dance parties hosted by characters donning pajamas in Frontierland and the Castle Hub, plus chalk artists, and tasty “Frozen” treats to keep guests cool as the magic continues through the night.